Protecting And Taking Care Of You

  1. Home
  2.  — Immigration Law

Skilled Immigration Representation

Immigration is a complex area of law that can pose a major challenge for you. When you are trying to secure the outcome you deserve in your immigration needs, you need a skilled attorney at your side to help you.

At my firm in Miami, the Law Offices of Nicole Alvarez P.A., I have the legal experience to assist you with obtaining permanent residency status, naturalization and citizenship through multiple pathways, including adjustment of status within the United States and consular processing abroad.

Representing You In Immigration And U.S. Citizenship

I strive to do everything in my power to help my clients obtain the ideal outcome in whatever legal immigration goals they have, including:

  • Green cards – Are you ready to immigrate to the United States? If so, you will need a lawyer to help you get the necessary permissions, petition, status and visa to start the process of attaining naturalization or citizenship.
  • Asylum – Every day, people who have crossed our borders are seeking asylum. A person who is granted asylum is allowed to reside in the United States permanently. Refugees are unable or unwilling to return to their home countries because they cannot obtain protection in those countries. It can be because of past persecution or a well-founded fear of being persecuted in the future “on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion.”
  • Citizenship – Citizenship in America allows you the right to vote, serve on a jury, represent the public as an elected official and sponsor your loved ones as immigrants to the country. Of course, this citizenship also brings many responsibilities you must understand and fulfill, such as paying taxes and adhering to laws. To qualify for becoming a citizen, you must meet the Immigration and Nationality Act’s criteria and complete the naturalization process.
  • Family-based immigration – If you’re a U.S. citizen, you can file an immigration petition for your mother or father, spouse, brother or sister, adult child or minor child. If you’re not a citizen but a lawful permanent resident, you can still petition family members into the country, but you’re limited to your spouse, any adult unmarried children or minor children. Even legally adopted children and stepchildren might be considered for admission.
  • Obtaining a visa – U.S. visa issues can undoubtedly make everyday life stressful. You suffer anxiety about whether you will successfully resolve your request to stay in the country. Or, maybe you seek to provide sponsorship for legal entry for your significant other, child, parent or family. You need an experienced lawyer you trust in your corner who provides quality legal counsel in immigration matters.

Without an attorney, it can be hard to know what the next steps are in your situation or what decisions you need to make. Also, filing and completing immigration claims, citizenship and visa government applications are challenging tasks, and often mistakes are made. As an experienced immigration lawyer, allow me to employ my knowledge and skills to help you avoid potential pitfalls, delays and complications with government agencies.

Choose Compassion And Commitment In You Lawyer

I understand how stressful and emotional these cases can be, and I want to be the one who helps you make them as simple and quick as possible without sacrificing the quality of your outcome. If you are ready to meet with a Florida immigration attorney who will sympathize with your needs and is as dedicated as you are to your goals, contact my office at 305-440-0736 or email me to schedule your initial consultation today.